10PM - 7AM
Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Lab AdminGeneral
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Lab AdminGeneral Job in San Antonio
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient-oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited college/university, or
- Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- Laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS, or
- Five years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in blood banking, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunology, serology and urinalysis/body fluids in the U.S. or an accredited laboratory within the last ten years.
- At least one (1) to two (2) additional years of experience in a clinical laboratory setting is preferred.
- Must possess or provide proof of certification or certification eligibility for MT (ASCP), CLS (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), CLS (NCA/ASCP), or MT (AMT).
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be kept current
- Routinely operates and works with laboratory analyzers and instrumentation, centrifuges, microscopes, pipettes, balances, mixers, and rotators, and other laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to operate, identify problems, and perform minor repairs and maintenance functions.
- Must be able to perform pipetting techniques.
- Performance of both venipuncture and capillary techniques of phlebotomy preferred, but not required.
- Must have good eye-hand coordination and be able to demonstrate a consistently high degree of accuracy in accomplishment in all routine and complicated laboratory procedures.
- All work is integrated with use of the Laboratory Information System.
- Must know and follow principles involved in laboratory procedures/policies and mathematical calculations.
- Must know how to operate equipment and instrumentation involved in procedures.
- Must be able to make minor maintenance adjustments or repairs.
- Must be able to effectively utilize the Laboratory Information System.
- Must be familiar with Laboratory and Hospital rules, regulations, confidentiality, layout and facilities.
- Must have broad knowledge of Laboratory principles and normal values of patient results.
- Must be able to instill confidence in patients, physicians, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.