2PM - 10:30PM
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Lab AdminGeneral
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II - Lab AdminGeneral Job in San Antonio
This position performs all routine and complicated laboratory procedures including specimen processing and handling, testing of patient specimens, calculating, and reporting of results, performance of quality control procedures, operation and maintenance of instruments and equipment, assisting in the development of new procedures and protocols, may perform phlebotomy and other patient-oriented tasks, and may perform other related duties as requested or directed.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 (includes U.S. Military laboratory training courses of at least 50 weeks) OR Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- One year of experience required for graduates of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by NAACLS, or other organizations approved by HHS. OR
- Two years of approved clinical laboratory experience, which must include a clinical rotation through the following sections of the laboratory: Blood Banking, Microbiology, Chemistry, and Hematology, Immunology, and Urinalysis/Body Fluids in the U.S. or with an accredited laboratory within the last 5 years OR 5 years of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT II cannot move to a CLS II).
- Must possess Certification for MT, MLS, CLS, or MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
- If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
- Louisiana requires State Licensure
- New Graduate that is Board Certified or eligible (must complete Board Certification in 1 year of hire, Louisiana excluded)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.