Clinical Laboratory Scientist
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Laboratory Scientist Job in Longview
Responsible for specimen processing, test performance and reporting test results.
1.Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Insures professional discretion and confidentiality of hospital related information concerning patients, physicians, associates and visitors.
- Complies with conditions of employment as stated in the associate handbook and Administrative and Departmental policies.
- Complies with dress code policy.
- Limits non-emergency personal telephone calls to breaks and meal times.
2.Each individual performs only those test authorized by the Laboratory Manager and require a degree of skill commensurate with individual's education, training or experience and technical abilities.
3.Each individual performing tests must follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
4.Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
5.Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
6.Follow the laboratory's established corrective action policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
7.Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance of reporting of test results wand either must correct the problems or immediately notify the Technical Consultant, Clinical Consultant or Manager.
8.Document all corrective action taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
9.Serves as a laboratory team member to enhance customer relations within and outside the Laboratory.
10.Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in laboratory science.
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Hospital Laboratory experience preferred but not required
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent, or must be obtained within one year from hire date
- Documented evidence of specialty certification and/or additional training. Maintain current licensure and provide the hospital with a copy of indicated requirements.
Per Diem As Needed