Clinical Laboratory Intern - Lab AdminGeneral - PRN Job in San Antonio
This position will offer the intern the opportunity to work on various education and process improvement projects as well as conduct phlebotomy, specimen processing and limited testing. The intern will assist the lab in the efficient delivery of lab results to care givers for the benefit of the patient under the direct supervision of certified laboratory technician or technologist.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Maintains consistency with administrative and departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
• Implements measures to promote a safe environment for patients and others.
• Follows laboratory safety standards.
• Follows approved policies and procedures for infection control.
• Identifies, reports, and appropriately intervenes in safety hazards.
• Practices universal precautions by appropriate disposal of waste, hazardous waste, sharps, and wearing personal protective equipment.
• Keeps laboratory free from potential hazards.
• Respects the patient’s right to privacy by protecting confidential information unless obligated or allowed by law to disclose the information.
• Follows policies and procedures for "no information patients".
• Awareness of conversations held in public areas.
• No participation in conversations regarding patient care outside of the laboratory.
• Assists in the provision of limited laboratory testing.
• Performs waived testing, phlebotomy, and specimen processing if training and competency assessment are on file
• Provides patient testing feedback to the team leader or other responsible person to achieve laboratory objective.
• Accurately records results in LIS (Lab Information System).
• Immediately notifies team leader of any abnormal data.
• Documents clearly and concisely on appropriate forms according to policy.
• Acts on direction from team leader
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.