Day, Weekend only
Clinical Lab Scientist - LGV Northpark Lab
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
GSMC - Longview-15500
700 E. Marshall Ave.
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Lab Scientist - LGV Northpark Lab Job in Longview
Performs skilled, specialized work in the conduct of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic laboratory tests. Adds reagents or indicator solutions, and subjects specimens for processing to operations such as heating, filtering or titrating. Prepares slides as necessary for microscopic analysis. Observes reactions, color changes, or formation of precipitates; studies slides using microscope, or subjects treated specimens to automatic analyzing equipment. Typically requires technologist designation by ASCP, AMT, HHS, or ISCLT.
- MT (ASCP, HEW, AMT, or state accreditation) or eligible. If eligible, licensure must obtained within one year of hire date.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
- One year of clinical experience desired.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.