Clinical Informatics Systems Analyst Lead - Healthy Planet/Compass Rose
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Tyler Woodgate Centre
Share This Job On
Clinical Informatics Systems Analyst Lead - Healthy Planet/Compass Rose Job in Tyler
The Clinical Informatics Systems Analyst Lead is primarily responsible for assisting in the operation and administration of clinical information systems, collaborating with clinical and technical associates to enhance workflow methodology and tools. Support responsibilities include application support of medium to high complexity for acute and non-acute care clinical applications for a large, multi-regional healthcare system; provides incident, change and problem management support following the outlined ITIL processes. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to support assigned clinical application(s). This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position is exempt.
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues across the enterprise to drive strategic goals and vision for the department and CHRISTUS Health
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and clinical content to ensure alignment across all ministries in order to create efficiencies that improve patient safety
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to help identify any infrastructure related issues that have resulted in clinical application issues
- Develop, test, implement, support, and maintain assigned clinical applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements
- Provide end-user support to clinicians, using critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with other people, both individually and in groups
- Demonstrate sound understanding of clinical practice as it pertains to the integration of clinical information systems and impact on end users
- Assist in reporting any identified clinical information systems compliance issues/concerns and escalate utilizing proper chain of command
- Assist with communication to clinical end user system changes, new functionality, workflow process changes, and downtime procedures as they relate to the electronic medical record
- Foster relationships with ministry leadership and departments such as Information Services, Quality, Case Management, Revenue Cycle, and Finance to ensure effective communication, to meet business and financial requirements
- Prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to clinical information systems
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times
- May be required to work additional hours as needed during critical problems.
- Responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with clinical information systems
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Demonstrates leadership for team to consistently provide strong, high-quality outcomes to end users and stakeholders. Ensures team members adhere to quality standards. Proactively plans projects and tasks across applications
- Applies expert level understanding of assigned clinical/business operations, processes, and workflows; and accurately documents, discusses, and identifies dependencies with project team members and stakeholders.
- Identifies potential areas of conflict or roadblocks and works with appropriate leadership to remove or resolve. Prepares and provides clear and organized project status reporting to all stakeholders. Coordinates team members to gather information and prepare organized, consistent, and accurate reporting. Escalates issues appropriately through the chain of command.
- Demonstrates an expert level of application understanding, and applies expertise to help meet customer goals and outcomes and set standards. Able to influence operational and clinical project outcomes. Coaches team members to tackle new problems using experimentation, including successes and failure experiences. Inspire creative problem solving beyond standard recommendations and practice.
- Organizes and distributes work load to ensure deliverables meet customer expectations; Mentor assigned Analysts; Facilitates cross training of team members. Proactively escalates issues and/or concerns with customer/system service expectations.
- Ability to coach in a positive and constructive way to increase self-awareness in others.
- Leads process and requirement analysis, including process mapping through current flowcharts, documenting plans, requirements elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering on complex projects.
- Able to independently understand, analyze, and communicate complex integrated design and configuration. Able to independently analyze, design, and configure the application. Ability to teach team members complex design, configuration.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of clinical/technical application experience in lieu of degree, strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of clinical information systems, clinical informatics, data management and administration
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent project management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability (preferably within Christus) to independently and successfully lead multidisciplinary team initiatives
- Proven ability to enhance, lead and grow others and a strong team dynamic
- Preferred 5-7 years previous clinical information systems experience or equivalent
- Preferred 2+ years project management experience or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Epic certification/accreditation/self-proficiency in relevant application required; multiple certification/accreditation/self-proficiency in relevant applications preferred.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.