Clinical Educator - Medical/Surgical
CHRISTUS Southwestern Louisiana
Registered Nurse (RN)
CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital-10100
524 Dr Michael DeBakey Dr
Lake Charles, LA 70601
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Educator - Medical/Surgical Job in Lake Charles
Responsible for rendering and/or directing professional and nonprofessional personnel in the delivery of patient care by use of the nursing process. The Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for seeing that the plan of care is followed through direct performance and/or leadership of other personnel in compliance with established policies and procedures. Assesses learning needs, plans, implements and evaluates continuing education and developmental programs for associates in nursing clinical roles. Responsible for classroom orientation of new associates
- Graduate of an RN program; BSN required, Masters preferred. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; knowledge of scope and role of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Technician and Unit Clerk
- 2 years of RN experience in area
- Valid Registered Nurse license within the state of Louisiana
- AHA BLS- Healthcare Provider within 30 days of hire; Instructor within 90 days of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of hire, Instructor within 6 months of hire.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire, Instructor within 9 months of hire.
- Telemetry Course within 6 months of hire
- CPI Training within 30 days of hire