Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation Med Rec
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation Med Rec Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
The Clinical Documentation Medical Professional is responsible for facilitating improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation. The CDMP will provide support and expertise through comprehensive assessment and review of inpatient medical records. The CDMP will facilitate accurate DRG assignment and obtain appropriate documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, patient caregivers and health information management coding staff to ensure that reimbursement (reflecting proper quality of care and appropriate reimbursement) is received for the level of services rendered to the patients.
· Foreign or domestic Medical School Graduate (license not required), OR
· Graduate from a Physician’s Assistant program, OR
· Graduate from a Registered Nurse Practitioner program required.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in area of population to be served is required
· Three (3) years pervious acute hospital inpatient coding experience highly preferred
· M.D. or D.O.; ECFMG certification (preferred for Foreign Medical Graduates)
· Current PA or RNP license required, as appropriate
· Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) highly preferred