Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
Share This Job On
Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation Job in Kingsville
The Clinical Documentation Medical Professional is responsible for facilitating improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation. The CDMP will provide support and expertise through comprehensive assessment and review of inpatient medical records. The CDMP will facilitate accurate DRG assignment and obtain appropriate documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, patient caregivers and health information management coding staff to ensure that reimbursement (reflecting proper quality of care and appropriate reimbursement) is received for the level of services rendered to the patients.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg is a premier medical facility found in a town known for its ranching history and rich in Texas culture in Kingsville, Texas. Licensed for 100 beds, the hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center general acute care facility offering complete Medical and Surgical Services including Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Skilled Nursing, as well as, Emergency, Intensive Care, Cardiac and Comprehensive Diagnostic Services serving the resident of Kleberg, Brooks, Kennedy and southern Nueces counties.
CHRISTUS Spohn Kleberg Plaza houses the hospital’s birthing services with modern, state-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms (LDRPs,) a nursery, the Cissy Horlock Taub Women’s Center (a diagnostic and education/resource center) and physician office suites. Outpatient rehabilitation services including occupational, and speech therapy, wound care, physical and aquatic therapy are offered at two convenient locations in Kingsville.
At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg, we respect what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing, and to our commitment to provide the very finest health care. Your background, your skills and your personality are welcome here. We have a supportive environment where quality of work and quality of life are in balance.
- Foreign or domestic Medical School Graduate (license not required), OR
- Graduate from a Physician’s Assistant program, OR
- Graduate from a Registered Nurse Practitioner program required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in area of population to be served is required
- Three (3) years pervious acute hospital inpatient coding experience highly preferred
- M.D. or D.O.; ECFMG certification (preferred for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Current PA or RNP license required, as appropriate
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) highly preferred