Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Clinical Documentation Medical Professional - Clinical Documentation Job in Corpus Christi
The Clinical Documentation Medical Professional is responsible for facilitating improvement in the overall quality and completeness of the medical record documentation. The CDMP will provide support and expertise through comprehensive assessment and review of inpatient medical records. The CDMP will facilitate accurate DRG assignment and obtain appropriate documentation through extensive interaction with physicians, patient caregivers and health information management coding staff to ensure that reimbursement (reflecting proper quality of care and appropriate reimbursement) is received for the level of services rendered to the patients.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Foreign or domestic Medical School Graduate (license not required), OR
- Graduate from a Physician’s Assistant program, OR
- Graduate from a Registered Nurse Practitioner program required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in area of population to be served is required
- Three (3) years pervious acute hospital inpatient coding experience highly preferred
- M.D. or D.O.; ECFMG certification (preferred for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Current PA or RNP license required, as appropriate
- Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) highly preferred