Clinical Director - NICU
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi South
5950 Saratoga Blvd
Corpus Christi, TX 78414
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Director - NICU Job in Corpus Christi
Manages the nursing services and staff for a department; ensures quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards.
Our 24-bed Level II and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit allows premature babies and newborns with special needs to stay close to their recovering mothers. All babies who come to our NICU are critically ill infants who are born prematurely, typically between 24 and 36 weeks, as many of these infants have low birth weights with multiple medical problems. Our NICU also cares for full term newborns with medical problems. We have approximately 220 deliveries a month. Our NICU offers board-certified neonatologists and neonatal nurse practitioners available 24/7 to manage any complications with premature or critically ill newborns.
Although the fragile newborns we care for are sustained by sophisticated equipment, the NICU team never loses sight of the CHRISTUS vision and the healing power of “the human touch” through family centered care. Our staff is so dedicated to ensuring every mom and family have a great experience at Spohn South. We are a Texas Ten Steps facility which means breastfeeding is very important to us. We are on the journey to Baby Friendly Designation which places the infant and family at the center of everything we do.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or related advanced degree in health related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ of healthcare leadership
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support