Apply Now Clinical Director - Neuro Progressive Care 8NT Job in Corpus Christi
Manages the nursing services and staff for a department; ensures quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards.
8NT is a 36-bed unit with a focus on Neuro Telemetry and Neuro Surgical Services. The primary patient population is composed of stroke, brain and spinal conditions that range from; seizures, brain aneurysm, laminectomy, cervical fusion, stable craniotomy/mechanical thrombectomy after 24H ICU recovery, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and myasthenia gravis. Our staffing consists of a 1:3-5 nurse to patient ratio that is adjusted based on patient acuity. We have a strong working relationship with our neuro surgeons and neurologist who provide education and guidance to help enhance our nursing care. 8NT prides itself on our DNV Comprehensive Level 1 stroke certification. We strive to maintain a culture of teamwork and quality. Every associate from our Physicians, Stroke coordinators, Nurses, Certified Nursing assistants, therapy, and case management play a crucial role in the success of our unit.
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or related advanced degree in health related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 2 years of healthcare leadership
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- BLS - American Heart Association
- Additional certifications required in accordance with Registered Nurse certification requirements for the unit(s) the Clinical Director is responsible for.