Clinical Director - 8NT Neuro Step Down
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Director - 8NT Neuro Step Down Job in Corpus Christi
Manages the nursing services and staff for a department; ensures quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards.
8NT is a 27-bed step-down unit with focus of Neuro Telemetry and Neuro Surgical Services. The primary patient population is stroke, seizures, spinal injury, laminectomy, cervical fusion, craniotomy s/p ICU recovery, and occasional Guillain-Barre and Myasthenia Gravis. Our staffing ratio is 1:4-5 nurse to patient ratio. We have a strong working relationship with our neuro surgeons and neurologist who provide education and guidance to help enhance our nursing care.A8 prides itself on our JCHAO recognized Gold Standard care for stroke patients. We strive to maintain a culture of teamwork and quality. Every associate on this unit is crucial, from our Charge nurse, to therapy, to housekeeping and case management. We truly utilize the teamwork approach.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- Graduate of a Registered Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Administration, Business Administration, Nursing, or related advanced degree in health related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ of clinical patient care experience in a relevant setting
- Minimum of 2 years’ of healthcare leadership
- RN license in good standing in state of employment or a compact state , if applicable
- Registered Nurse (RN) required
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support