Clinical Dietician I-Pedi Women Infant and Child A
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa WIC Clinic San Saba
401 North San Saba Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Clinical Dietician I-Pedi Women Infant and Child A Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
The Registered Dietician position is responsible for assessment of WIC participant’s nutritional status, recommending nutritional changes or improvements to advance the participants growth and development. The Registered Dietician is responsible to conduct, monitor and evaluate WIC Associate performance and compliance with WIC Policy and Procedures through a QA/PI program that evaluates documentation requirements, performance requirements and assessment of knowledge of job functions. The Registered Dietician assesses the nutritional status of pregnant women with diabetes and or other high risk categories, such as morbid obesity, teen pregnancy, etc. The Registered Dietician also provides consultation for WIC participants with special dietary needs may conduct breastfeeding education and assesses WIC Associates’ training needs through observation, record audit and as needed to identify training needs of Associates.
· Bachelor’s degree in nutrition from an accredited college or university is required.
· Minimum of twenty four (24) hours nutrition education required.
· Evidence of successful completion of clinical internship in dietetics is required.
· Master’s degree preferred.
· Must be able to provide appropriate nutrition intervention for the different stages of the life cycle: pediatric, adolescents, adult, and geriatric.
· One (1) year of experience in the area of nutrition education is required.
· A valid Class A driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
· Proof of licensure as an RD (Registered Dietitian) required.