8AM - 5PM
Clinic Patient Representative Senior - Specialty OB/GYN
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
Share This Job On
Clinic Patient Representative Senior - Specialty OB/GYN Job in Kingsville
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the clinic. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. Collects payments and prepares cash for deposits.
- Maintains flow of patient check-in, verifies demographic and insurance information and enters into computer database. Assures that information in patient account is accurate.
- Assists with answering phones, taking messages and assisting with patient and staff inquiries.
- Responds to CBO requests for patient account corrections and/or maintenance, in a timely manner.
- Schedules appointments for patients in accordance with physician guidelines.
- Collects time of service payment amounts; collects prior balance amounts and/or arranging payment plans as requested.
The following duties may also be performed:
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the medical record. Assists patients with completing all necessary forms.
- Scheduled appoints according to clinician template and follows office scheduling policies.
- Assists front office lead/supervisor with other administrative duties such as front end duties, denials, work queues and correct any errors to ensure clean claims.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for information.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission.
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Health policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control.
- Performs job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of CHRISTUS Health’s cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CHRISTUS Service Guarantee.
- Performs other related work as assigned by leadership.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of managed care preferred.
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential.
- Some College preferred
- Three or more years of experience in a health care organization.
- ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills) Preferred
- Experience with charge posting or collections Preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.