Clinic Patient Representative Senior-Specialty Eye Care
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic HealthPark Plaza Vision Care
Share This Job On
Clinic Patient Representative Senior-Specialty Eye Care Job in Tyler
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the clinic. Verifies insurance benefits and assist with referrals. Collects payments and prepares cash for deposits.
- Financial: Responsible for determining, collecting and posting co-pays and deductibles; for address prior balances and establishing payment plans as directed by policy and procedure; for directing patients to appropriate financial counselors as needed; for ensuring accuracy in daily reconciliation/cash management process for site/unit.
- Safety: Responsible for prevention of injury or harm to self; for ensuring safe work environments for others.
- Policy Development: Assist Supervisor/Manager/Associate Director/Director in determining clinic specific policies related to front end operations.
- Decision Making: Decision will require knowledge and understanding of system policies; assists leadership as needed.
- Problem Solving: Reviews material to see if necessary information is on hand and is accurate. Assist other employees and/or patients with problems, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in a health care organization
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential
- Knowledge of managed care preferred
- Some College preferred
- ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills) preferred
- Experience with charge posting or collections preferred
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.