Apply Now Clinic Patient Representative Senior Job in Portland
Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the clinic. Verifies insurance benefits and assists with referrals. Collects payments and prepares cash for deposits.
- Responsible for determining, collecting and posting co-pays and deductibles; for addressing prior balances and establishing payment plans as directed by policy and procedure; for directing patients to appropriate financial counselors as needed; for ensuring accuracy in daily reconciliation/cash management processes for site/unit
- Responsible for prevention of injury or harm to self; for ensuring safe work environments for others
- Assist Supervisor/Manager/Associate Director/Director in determining clinic specific policies related to front end operations
- Decision will require knowledge and understanding of system policies; assists leadership as needed
- Reviews material to see if necessary information is on hand and is accurate. Assists other employees and/or patients with problems, as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in a health care organization
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone, computer, copier, and fax machine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math knowledge essential
- Knowledge of managed care preferred
- Some College preferred
- ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills) preferred
- Experience with charge posting or collections preferred