8AM - 5PM
Client Services Liaison
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Houston Office and TLRA Revenue Cycle
Share This Job On
Apply Now Client Services Liaison Job in Houston
The role of Client Services Liaison is to provide professional client servicing and support for all of TLRA's clients, both internal and external to the CHRISTUS Health System. This includes quality customer service, documentation, client reporting, communication, patient account resolution, correspondence and requests for information. This position communicates with clients at all levels, including Directors, CFOs, Admitting Supervisors/Managers and Patient Accounting Managers. This position will also communicate regularly with patients regarding their accounts assigned to TLRA as well as all open receivables in the patient accounting system. The ability to communicate effectively with all types of people at all levels is critical. This position is expected to have solid knowledge of all of TLRA's business lines and services, internal operational procedures for all areas, collection systems functionality, hospital collection system functionality, client profiles and business office guidelines and procedures, and client service level agreements and expectations.
- Acts as the Client Liaison for all of TLRA's clients and business services to respond to inquiries, handle requests for information, and resolve issues, or problems.
- Handles all inbound client calls promptly and professionally.
- Acts as a patient liaison for patient inquiries both in person and over the phone.
- Able to ensure full patient account resolution when dealing with patients including but not limited to collection of account balances, appropriate determination of any adjustment/discount or contractual adjustment needed, appropriate determination of financial assistance if applicable, and able to thoroughly explain all collection procedures to the patient.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of all patient, facility, and client inquiries related to patient accounts in the hospitals patient accounting system and the TLRA collection system if applicable.
- Maintains a system to track status of open issues and service requests and provides status reports on a routine basis.
- Communicates to Management and/or appropriate Collection unit, client requests, changes, issues or problems in a timely manner.
- Handles patient account recalls received from the client. Includes logging of information, documentation in the collection system, and timely notification of potential problems or issues related to account recalls to appropriate personnel.
- Provides effective and timely communication and education to both clients and associates which are related to TLRA business services and service level expectations.
- Provides documentation specific to TLRA's collection services. Includes letters, action codes, status codes, result codes, agency codes, and desk assignment parameters.
- Assists with the implementation and tracking of process improvement initiatives.
- Distributes performance reports, client statements, acknowledgment and cancellation reports, inventories, and requested custom reports to clients in a timely manner.
- Documents and communicates new client set up and business services, and maintains updated client profile information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma with a minimum of two to three years experience working in a client service or marketing capacity, preferably in a healthcare or collection agency environment or healthcare business office setting.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, prioritize and organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong written communication skills required.
- Experience in healthcare business office related setting very beneficial.
- Has some understanding of managed care and government payer reimbursement calculations including contractual adjustment calculations.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with internal and external clients and customers at all levels.
- Must be able to deal effectively and work with senior level management in hospital environments.
- PC skills in a Windows environment are required. Solid knowledge and utilization of desktop applications to include Word and Excel is essential.
- Professional appearance, excellent communication and time management skills is a requirement.
- Ability to initiate and follow through on projects and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to travel to client locations or to TLRA main office if working remotely as required.