CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program (Military Servicemember Internship) - Good Shepherd Medical Center
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program (Military Servicemember Internship) - Good Shepherd Medical Center Job in Longview
In collaboration with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), the CHRISTUS Health SkillBridge Internship Program provides military service members who are within 180 days of separation from military service, with opportunities in a variety of different roles. The goal is to provide service members with opportunities to learn and train at CHRISTUS Health's facilities as they prepare the transition from the military to the civilian sector.
This is an unpaid internship through the Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge Program. Participants of the program will not receive compensation or benefits from CHRISTUS Health and will not be considered employees of CHRISTUS but rather will remain an employee of the DoD and will receive compensation and benefits through the DoD.
To apply for the SkillBridge Internship Program, please complete the application and a recruiter will be in contact to discuss your areas of interest and placement opportunities if you are eligible for the program.
To be eligible to participate in the CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program, you must:
- Must be an Active Duty Service Member within 180-days of your separation date
- Must obtain unit commander written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship
- Must meet minimum qualifications based on the job description of the role you accept
DoD FAQs: https://skillbridge.osd.mil/faq.htm
CHRISTUS SkillBridge Program Positions (list is not all-inclusive; other opportunities also available)
- Administrative Assistant
- Materials Management Technician
- Patient Access Representative
- Nursing Assistant / Patient Care Technician
- Radiology Technician
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist
- Monitor Technician
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Emergency Department Technician
- Health Information Technician
- Registered or Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Rehabilitation Technician
- Supply Chain Specialist
- Unit Secretary
- Certified Surgical Technician
- Identity Management Administrator
- Patient Financial Representative
- Patient Sitter
- Patient Transporter
About CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center
A proud heritage of innovation, dedication, and continuing community support has propelled Good Shepherd Health System to the forefront of healthcare delivery in East Texas. From a humble beginning in 1935 as the 47-bed Gregg Memorial Hospital, we have grown into a system of regional medical centers, primary and immediate care facilities, and health and wellness centers. CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Centers have cared for our community for more than 180 years combined. We offer integrated, high-quality patient care and outcomes. With our excellent physicians and well-trained staff, CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System is dedicated to you.
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System includes CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center – Longview, CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center – Marshall, CHRISTUS Good Shepherd – NorthPark Medical Plaza, and CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Heart and Vascular Institute. We will be opening our new CHRISTUS Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute in 2022 and are investing more than $22 million in the expansion of our NorthPark Medical Plaza, which will be completed in 2023.
At CHRISTUS we value what each individual brings to our faith-based mission of healing and our commitment to quality health care. In return, we aim to create a culture where quality of work and quality of life live harmoniously, talent is recognized, and each employee's unique passions and skills are nurtured to develop meaningful careers.
With every life we impact, our ultimate goal is to utilize our values to provide the best care possible.
- Dignity: Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved.
- Integrity: Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships.
- Excellence: High standards of service and performance.
- Stewardship: Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.
- Compassion: Service in a spirit of empathy, love and concern.