Child Life Zone Coordinator - Child Life Services
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Child Life Zone Coordinator - Child Life Services Job in San Antonio
Under the general supervision of the Manager of Child Life/Child Development, interacts with patients and families, provides children with a variety of appropriate and purposeful developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during their health care visit and enhance their personal development. Oversees Child Life Zone operations through program development, play facilitation and management of CCTV programming.
The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience working with children required.
- Previous experience with therapeutic use of play materials/activities is required.
- CPR certification is preferred. CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and patient/family reactions to hospitalization and coping strategies.
- Must have an understanding of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of educational development.
- Must have an understanding of hospital policies and a system’s knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures.
- Must also be able to problem solve, be creative, take initiative, and work independently
- Bilingual- Spanish skills desired/recommended