Child Life Specialst II OAnc Child Life
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital of San Antonio
333 North Santa Rosa Street
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now Child Life Specialst II OAnc Child Life Job in San Antonio
The Child Life Specialist II demonstrates progressive skill and knowledge of the therapeutic process working with children and families; evaluating their development skills and psychosocial needs and providing them with a variety of appropriate and purposeful medical play and developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during the health care visit and enhance their personal development. Facilitates child life advocacy through collaboration with other health care providers. Serves as a leader in the department
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Life or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Must have completed a Child Life internship from an accredited Child Life Teaching Program
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and patient/family reactions to hospitalization and coping strategies.
- Must have an understanding of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of educational development.
- Must have an understanding of hospital policies and a system’s knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures.
- Must also be able to problem solve, be creative, take initiative, and work independently
- Bilingual- English / Spanish preferred
- Two (2) years paid experience as a CCLS, minimum.
- One (1) year in the specialty area is required, minimum.
- Must maintain Child Life Certification.
- CPR certification is require
Per Diem As Needed