Child Life Specialist II - Other Anc Child Life Job in San Antonio
The Child Life Specialist Senior demonstrates advanced skill and knowledge of the therapeutic process working with children and families; evaluating their development skills and psychosocial needs and providing them with a variety of appropriate and purposeful medical play and developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during the health care visit and enhance their personal development. Facilitates Child Life advocacy through collaboration with other health care providers. Serves as a leader in the department, the hospital, and the community. Assumes responsibility for department function in the absence of the Director as determined by the Director.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Life or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
- Must have completed a Child Life internship from an accredited Child Life Teaching Program
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and patient/family reactions to hospitalization and coping strategies.
- Must have an understanding of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of educational development.
- Must have an understanding of hospital policies and a system’s knowledge of medical terminology and medical procedures.
- Must also be able to problem solve, be creative, take initiative, and work independently
- Bilingual- English / Spanish preferred
- Four (4) years paid experience as a CCLS, minimum.
- Eighteen (18) months in the specialty area is required, minimum.
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Must maintain Child Life Certification.
- CPR certification is require
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.