5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Child Life Specialist II, ECC Forensic Nursing - Full time
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas St Elizabeth Hospital
Share This Job On
Child Life Specialist II, ECC Forensic Nursing - Full time Job in Beaumont
The Child Life Specialist II demonstrates progressive skill and knowledge of the therapeutic process of working with children and families; evaluating their development skills and psychosocial needs and providing them with a variety of appropriate and purposeful medical play and developmental experiences that will elevate their quality of life during the health care visit and enhance their personal development. Facilitates child life advocacy through collaboration with other health care providers. Serves as a leader in the department.
· Bachelor's degree in Child Life or a related field is required.
· Master’s degree in a related field is preferred
· Under the supervision of a Certified Child Life Specialist, must have completed a 600-hour child life internship.
· Must have knowledge of growth and development, patient/family reactions to hospitalization, and coping strategies.
· Must possess interpersonal skills and communicate effectively.
· Must have a working knowledge of educational development.
· Must understand hospital policies and medical terminology/procedures.
· Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years paid experience as a Certified Child Life Specialist.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Must maintain Child Life Certification.
· CPR certification is preferred. CPR certification is required within 90 days of hire.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.