Chief Operating Officer-CHRISTUS Health Plans
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Health Plan 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chief Operating Officer-CHRISTUS Health Plans Job in Irving
This position is responsible for directing the operational effectiveness of the company in accordance with contract requirements, the regulatory requirements of the State Department of Insurance, CMS National Association of Insurance and other regulatory and advisory organizations.
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the operational effectiveness of claims, customer service, member and provider complaints/appeals/grievances, and provider and benefit configuration for all business lines, including but not limited to Medicare Advantage, Health Insurance Group and Individual Commercial Insurance, USFHP, NCHD indigent care program, and future Third Party Administration product lines. The incumbent will lead and manage the operational effectiveness of the organization in collaboration with other senior CHRISTUS Health Plan leaders. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, CHRISTUS Health Plan.
The incumbent must exhibit proven operational and financial administrative expertise with a understanding of both general insurance operations, and a provider-owned insurance entity including product filings, IS systems needed to operationalize a health plan, and key metrics to monitor performance and the ability to show consistent improvements to operational and financial administrative results. This role must also think tactically and strategically, managing short-term and long-term goals. Strong communication skills are required. The Chief Operating Officer must be able to communicate strategy to top-level executives while also managing all levels of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required, or 15 plus years running claims and/or customer service for health a health system(s)
- Master’s degree in Business Administration Health Administration preferred.
- Eight or more years of experience in health plan financial management, with experience in provider owned health plan as a positive attribute.
- Experience/Expertise in Health Insurance Exchange and Medicare Advantage highly preferred.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and project management skills, with an aptitude for building high-performance, cross-functional teams.
- Responsive Self Starter.
- Able to handle fast paced, highly complex environment.
- Previous experience in a provider sponsored health plan (preferred) or health insurance company.
- Experience building financial and operational dashboards in a risk environment.
- Financial analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team effectively.
- Poised presentation skills.
- Ability to expand skills/ or current experience in alternative payment models, Medicare programs (MSSP, MA, CJR, BCPI).
- A strategic thinker and tactical executor who is able to move an agenda from concept to reality and drives results and organizational improvement through performance outcomes.