Chief Nursing Officer Job in Beaumont
Executive Leader responsible for patient care delivery, nursing, and nurse practice throughout the CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System; in alignment with regional leadership, provides vision and sets direction for quality evidence-based patient-centered care. Fosters a decentralized participative management style for nursing based on a shared governance approach. Encourages innovative leadership at the department level promoting nurses’ decision-making control over nurse practice. Establishes interdisciplinary teams throughout the region supporting nursing care and patient care services; Builds collaborative nurse-physician relationships to provide safe, effective, and efficient patient care while ensuring nurses feel empowered to serve as patient representatives/advocates. Serves as a member of the hospital’s Senior Leadership Team consulting with and advising other regional executives as appropriate on issues relating to the operation of the hospital. Recommends changes in resource-allocation, policy, facilities, equipment, and programs in order to achieve the hospital’s objectives. In alignment with regional nursing leadership, provides nursing personnel with leadership, decision-making, and direction in patient care services and defined areas. In alignment with the region, responsible for assessing the environment, forecasting trends, transmitting values, communicating ideas, developing and implementing policies, managing, and initiating systems and programs that promote excellence in service and safety for patient care delivery and that create an excellent place to work.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required from an accredited university; Master’s Degree in Nursing or advanced degree in related field.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others in the work environment.
- Ability to perform in a rapidly changing and stressful working environment.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership, the use of the nursing process, and emotional maturity.
- Timely and dependable follow-up on problem resolution.
- Financial skills
- Senior level management experience required.
- Must have minimum of five (5) years satisfactory performance as a staff nurse, and five (5) years as a director.
- Must demonstrate competence in management and leadership and successfully complete hospital and nursing management courses. Must demonstrate technical competence in utilization management and have an authoritative understanding of financial management to include operating and utilization factors as well as product line contribution.
- Must have significant expertise in information technology.
- Must have experience appropriate for facility/region’s scope and complexity, position’s authority and responsibility, and the scope and complexity of the nursing care needs of the major patient population(s) served.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with current state license.
- Professional certification and education commensurate with peer leaders at the facility/region.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.