Chief Financial Officer-CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS SR Ministry Administration Office Loop 410
100 NE Loop 410
San Antonio, TX 78216
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chief Financial Officer-CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Job in San Antonio
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides financial management information and guidance to all facilities within the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System ministry. The CFO provides support to local Board, senior leadership teams and Associates in the ministry and to pursue orderly growth opportunities, measure performance, identify and control business risks and increase the value of the ministry. The CFO reports to the Ministry Chief Executive Officer and serves as a member of the local Operations Leadership Team.
The CFO provides leadership and oversight of operations for CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. This position is responsible for promoting the CHRISTUS Health mission, core values and vision through effective operational processes. This leader is responsible for ensuring quality of care, service excellence, and community benefit and business literacy according to the Connect 2025 goals. The CFO is responsible for positive relationships and effective communications with executives, directors, Associates, medical staff, sisters, community representatives and board members as appropriate and develops plans to implement care and services based on community need and consistent with the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System ministry’s strategic plan. The CFO supports the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and fulfills the leadership role in the CEO’s absence.
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Demonstrated success in managing the financial functions (financial and statistical reporting, operations- analysis, planning, forecasting, integrity and contracting) required to support the growth of a large, complex integrated delivery system (IDS).
- Proven ability to develop and implement systems which address costs, quality, regulatory requirements, and resource utilization management; a knowledge of the operational issues and challenges which must be addressed in running a managed care responsive health care organization.
- A history of innovation in organization development, team development, and in developing solutions to support a user driven environment.
- Demonstrated strength in financial management to include financial planning, managed care contracting, financial and statistical reporting, operations analysis and implementation of processes to ensure achievement of organization objectives.
- Membership in industry organizations or other credentials that show ability to network and obtain peer acceptance.
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial leadership in a health care delivery system.
- Progressive career experience as a senior operating officer of a health care facility with experience that is broad-based. Multi-hospital system experience and Catholic health care experience are preferred.
- The ability to interact with physicians and leaders in the business community as necessary. Must have strong understanding of and demonstrate skill in leadership, strategic management, change management, communications, team building, continuous quality improvement, and problem solving, decision-making, and innovation, financial management of operations and stewardship of resources. Skill in establishing a balanced perspective on mission effectiveness and business results is critical.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Certification (CPA) strongly preferred.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate interest and involvement in American College of Healthcare Executives as a member or a fellow.