Chief Financial Officer
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
CHRISTUS St Frances Cabrini Hospital
3330 Masonic Drive
Alexandria, LA 71301
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Chief Financial Officer Job in Alexandria
Responsible for objectively carrying out daily financial operations of the designated ministry within CHRISTUS Health. Reports directly to the CHRISTUS Health Ministry Chief Executive Officer, this position is a member of the ministry senior leadership team and provides financial leadership at the ministry level. Reports to the CEO at each ministry and is responsible for implementing and carrying out plans and programs established by the ministry and CHRISTUS Health. Demonstrates full support of the CHRISTUS Health mission through demonstrated measurable results and conduct consistent with the mission statement and strategic plan. Provides financial management, information and guidance to the senior leadership team and hospital management. Works closely with CHRISTUS Health financial functions including Patient Financial Services, Health Information Management, Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Third-Party Reimbursement. Works closely with the Corporate Contracting, Purchasing and Payor Relations function on managed care issues.
Responsible for objective reporting of financial information to the Group Senior Vice President, as requested. Responsible for reporting issues, when appropriate, to the Group Senior Vice President, System Controller, System CFO, or appropriate senior leaders.
- Master’s degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent experience in related field required; CPA preferred.
- Previous experience (5-8 years) in financial leadership of an acute care hospital is required, preferably in CFO or Controller role.
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial leadership in an acute care hospital within a health care system.
- Demonstrated success in managing the financial functions (financial and statistical reporting, operations analysis(es), planning, forecasting, integrity and contracting) required to support the growth of an acute care hospital.
- Proven ability to develop and implement systems that address costs, quality, regulatory requirements and resource utilization management; and a knowledge of operational issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a variety of individuals including physicians, the general public, volunteers, and associates.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing and stressful environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions as necessary.
- Ability to solve management issues and direct numerous and varied operations.
- Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the necessary programs, goals, policies, and objectives that are necessary for providing quality care and maintaining a sound operation.
- Knowledge of hospital practices and procedures as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to healthcare.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Membership and involvement in Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)