Tues-Saturday 11:30 AM-6:00 PM
Chaplain - Spiritual Care
Non-Profit Social Services
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chaplain - Spiritual Care Job in Shreveport
Provides pastoral/spiritual care and support to patients, families, and staff of all faith traditions and denominations, and those who claim no particular religious beliefs or affiliations. The Chaplain assists patients and families in dealing with their present health crises through prayer, sacraments, conversation, counseling, and teaching. The Chaplain is also available as a resource in ethical decision-making. Through these and other interventions, the Chaplain participates in the healing process of the total person. The Chaplain helps to create an environment of wellness, prevention, and community ministry which supports the mission of CHRISTUS Health throughout the continuum of care and provides documentation of care given in the patients' record.
- Master of Divinity or Master in Theology; or Masters in related fields; Prefer one unit or more of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at an ACPE or NACC accredited CPE Center.
- Able to assess and respond to the spiritual needs of patients, families, and staff members through support, intervention, and various pastoral techniques.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team, providing professional consultation regarding the patient's spiritual needs and plan of care.
- Consistently exhibits good judgment, listening skills, understanding of verbal and non-verbal cues, compassion, co-operation with other Associates, together with a knowledge and acceptance of a variety of expressions of faith.
- Able to lead and guide prayer in small and large groups, designing services appropriate to the pastoral need
- Certified by the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), formerly College of Chaplains (COC) preferred.