Chaplain Resident - Pastoral Care
Mission and Spiritual Care
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chaplain Resident - Pastoral Care Job in Corpus Christi
This is an educational position in which the Chaplain Resident provides spiritual care to patients and families, associates and physicians within the context of a supervised educational process. Work hours are split between educational and ministerial activities. Individual units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) include group and individual learning components in accordance with the Standards of the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE, inc.). Residency positions are granted for a period of one year with additional units available upon successful completion of reapplication and interview. Active participation in the CPE educational process including all seminars and individual and group supervision. Assessment and provision of spiritual care of patients, families, associates and physicians through clinical assignments to specific patient care units and participation in the on-call rotation. Coordinate plan of care with other healthcare professionals and participate in patient rounds, multidisciplinary care teams and/or patient care conferences. Documentation of ministry in patient's medical record and other required departmental documentation. Chaplain Resident performs other duties as assigned.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree required; Master of Divinity or Master in Theology preferred.
- Letters of reference or endorsement from one’s denomination/faith group required.
- Basic knowledge of use of computer programs required.
- Demonstrated success showing sensitivity toward persons in crisis.
- Demonstrated respect for cultural and religious diversity; demonstrates non-proselytizing behavior.
- Must demonstrate openness to learning in pastoral role.
- Must demonstrate ability to work and learn in a team environment.
- Minimum of one year of experience in ministry