5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Chaplain II - Pastoral Care
Mission and Spiritual Care
CHRISTUS Spohn Administration Office
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chaplain II - Pastoral Care Job in Corpus Christi
Provides pastoral/spiritual care and support to patients, families, significant others, and associates of all faith traditions and denominations, and those who claim no particular religious beliefs or affiliations. The care is informed by theological and behavioral schools of thought which also embraces diversity and collaboration. The care is provided through spiritual assessment and interventions such as, but not limited to, active listening, prayer, sacraments, counseling, and teaching. The individual helps create a positive working environment that fosters wellness, prevention and community ministry which supports the mission of the CHRISTUS Health System throughout the continuum of care.
Able to assess and respond to the spiritual needs of patients, families, significant others, and staff members through support, intervention and a variety of pastoral techniques. Able to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, providing professional consultation regarding spiritual needs and plan of care. Able to lead and guide prayer in small and large group contexts, design services appropriate to the pastoral needs, and seek appropriate resources outside one’s own faith tradition. Able to demonstrate effective pastoral care skills in accordance with standards of NACC and/or APC.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Master’s Degree in Theology or Divinity
- Minimum of two years of experience in pastoral ministry
- Board certified or board certifiable (if board eligible, must be obtained within 18 months of hire/transfer)
- If Board certified, certification must be from the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- Endorsement by denomination for faith group