8AM - 5PM
Chaplain II- Pastoral Care
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
Mission and Spiritual Care
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Chaplain II- Pastoral Care Job in Longview
The Priest Certified Chaplain provides timely and sensitive spiritual care to patients, families, associates, and physicians via individual and group interactions. The Priest Chaplain, Certified systematically and intentionally gathers data to provide ongoing spiritual assessment of patients or families and develops, implements, and documents spiritual plans of care; participates as a member of interdisciplinary teams, identifying patient/family needs and developing specialized spiritual care services for specific areas of assignment. The Priest Chaplain, Certified provides sacramental Ministry for Catholic patients, families, associates, and medical staff, and complies with scheduled responsibilities for services in the chapel and daily Mass.
- Master’s Degree in Theology or Divinity
- Minimum of four units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) is required
- Minimum of three years of experience in Spiritual Care
- Board Certified (Certification must be from approved professional organization - the National Associate of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), or Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC).
- Catholic priest in good standing.