Chaplain Certified - Spiritual Care - PRN Job in San Antonio
Provides timely and sensitive spiritual care to patients, families, associates, and physicians via individual and group interactions; systematically and intentionally gathers data to provide ongoing spiritual assessment of patients or families and develops, implements, and documents spiritual plans of care; participates as a member of interprofessional teams, identifying patient/family needs and developing specialized spiritual care services for specific areas of assignment; plans and facilitates rituals and worship services as needed; collects relevant data to self-monitor quality and effectiveness of spiritual care, and serves as a teaching resource in formal and informal situations about spirituality, spiritual needs of patients and families, and the connection between spirituality and health outcomes; assists with debriefing and support of associates after major events.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- MASTER'S DEGREE IN DIVINITY, THEOLOGY, PASTORAL MINISTRY OR SPIRITUALITY PREFERRED (unless level of degree not required at time of chaplaincy certification)
- COMPLETION OF A MINIMUM OF FOUR UNITS OF CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION
- SUPERVISED EXPERIENCE WITHIN A CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION PROGRAM REQUIRED
- IF NOT YET CERTIFIED BY ONE OF THE NATIONAL CERTIFYING BODIES (APC, NACC, OR CPSP), MUST OBTAIN CERTIFICATION WITHIN TWO YEARS OF HIRE
- MUST BE ENDORSED BY LEADER OF THEIR FAITH COMMUNITY
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.