Chaplain Certified II - Spiritual Care Job in San Antonio
Provides timely and sensitive spiritual care to patients, families, associates, and physicians via individual and group interactions; systematically and intentionally gathers data to provide ongoing spiritual assessment of patients or families and develops, implements, and documents spiritual plans of care; participates as a member of interprofessional teams, identifying patient/family needs and developing specialized spiritual care services for specific areas of assignment; plans and facilitates rituals and worship services as needed; collects relevant data to self-monitor quality and effectiveness of spiritual care, and serves as a teaching resource in formal and informal situations about spirituality, spiritual needs of patients and families, and the connection between spirituality and health outcomes; assists with debriefing and support of associates after major events.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
- MASTER'S DEGREE IN DIVINITY, THEOLOGY, PASTORAL MINISTRY OR SPIRITUALITY REQUIRED (unless level of degree not required at time of chaplaincy certification)
- COMPLETION OF A MINIMUM OF FOUR UNITS OF CLINICAL PASTORAL EDUCATION
- MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR SUPERVISED MINISTRY IN A CLINICAL SETTING POST CERTIFICATION
- EXPERIENCES WITHIN SPECIALTY AREA(S), PRESENTATIONS TO OR WITH OTHER CLINICIANS PREFERRED
- CERTIFICATION BY APC, NACC, OR CPSP
- MUST BE ENDORSED BY LEADER OF THEIR FAITH COMMUNITY
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.