8AM - 5PM
Certified Tumor Registrar - Tumor Registry
CHRISTUS Spohn Cancer Center Shoreline
1415 Santa Fe Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Tumor Registrar - Tumor Registry Job in Corpus Christi
Maintains the Cancer Registry through case finding, abstracting, and State reporting. Coordinates program accreditation requirements to include follow up of all cancer patients, cancer case conferences, Cancer Committee, pathology and operative reporting protocols, cancer data quality control, and quality measures. Organizes a cancer related data collection system. Performs administrative secretarial support duties accurately and professionally.
Coordinate Tumor Board meetings and other Commission on Cancer acrreditation requirements that pertain to the registry.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year registrar experience preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-O, DRG and AJCC.
- Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)· preferred at time of hire.CTR must be obtained within three years from date of hire or transfer.