5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surgical Services
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Kleberg
Share This Job On
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surgical Services Job in Kingsville
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
Our Perioperative department does approximately 5 to 15 cases a day plus outpatient IV therapy. We perform OB/Gyn cases, Endoscopy, Laparoscopic Procedures, Cataracts, and Ortho. We have great team work and excel with patient satisfaction scores. Patient Safety and Patient Satisfaction are No. 1. If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of our CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as an OR Tech preferred.
- Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or current Texas LVN license
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
- Non LVNs, CST certification required within six months from hire/transfer date. Associates employed on or before 09/01/09 are exempt from this requirement.