5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surg General
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surg General Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills (CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women’s services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is required.
- Two or more years of experience is preferred.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
- Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
- Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
- Computer skills very helpful.
- Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
- Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.