5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surg General
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
Share This Job On
Certified Surgical Technologist - Surg General Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for preparing and passing instruments and equipment for assigned surgical procedures in accordance with hospital and department standards and is responsible for carrying out identified patient care needs delegated by an RN, Physician or Manager/Supervisor. This position fulfills scrub role for patients undergoing complex specialty procedures.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Medical Center (CSRH-MC), located in the South Texas Medical Center, provides a high-level of care through compassionate hands, experience physicians, and advanced technology, including the da Vinci Surgical Robot System and the Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted System. Services at the 178- bed facility include Acute Care of the Elderly Unit, cardiology, diabetes care, emergency care, general surgery, kidney transplantation at the CHRISTUS Transplant Institute, orthopedics, outpatient rehabilitation and aquatic therapy, Senior Behavioral Health Center, urology, and the Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is required.
- Two or more years of experience is preferred.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics etc. is highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of aseptic technique and be able to competently practice aseptic technique.
- Must demonstrate competency to monitor and control the surgical environment.
- Have the knowledge and ability to operate various types of sterilizing equipment, surgical power equipment, endoscopic equipment, as well as complex instrument systems.
- Must be able to perform as a team member and work in a collaborative relationship with other staff and physicians.
- Computer skills very helpful.
- Must be able to handle multiple demands in the surgical suite.
- Current CPR certification (American Heart Association) is required.
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.