Certified Surgical Technologist - Olympia Hills Surgery Center
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Services
CHRISTUS Ambulatory Surgery Center Olympia Hills
Share This Job On
Certified Surgical Technologist - Olympia Hills Surgery Center Job in Universal City
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Under the direction of a professional nurse, performs all processes that relate to the delivery of direct patient care and assistance care in the OR prior to and during any surgical procedure.
- Ability to proficiently scrub 3 specialty areas including but not limited to: Transplants, Open Heart, Urology, Neurology, Titanium Rib, Robotics, etc. is highly preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Completion of Surgical Technology program is required
- 2 or more years of experience preferred
- BLS required
- Certification of Surgical Technologist from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting within 180 days of graduation or LVN/LPN License required
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.