Certified Surgical Technologist Lead - Surg General
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital New Braunfels
Share This Job On
Certified Surgical Technologist Lead - Surg General Job in New Braunfels
Lead Level. Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
Under the direction of a professional nurse, performs all processes that relate to the delivery of direct patient care and assistance care in the OR prior, during and after any surgical procedure. As the lead tech for a service line, provides leadership, education, direction, support and facilitation for improving operational efficiencies within specific service. Includes care preparation, surgeon preferences, instrumentation, turn-over times and inventory management. Daily collaboration with RN Service Line Coordinator. Is a mentor/coach for orientees.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - New Braunfels(CSRH-NB), nestled in the heart of downtown New Braunfels, is a full-service, 94-private bed facility that continues to expand to meet the needs of New Braunfels’ strong population growth. Innovative equipment and procedures are utilized, including an Outpatient Imaging Center, orthopedic and surgical services, rehabilitation, a renovated birthing center, including 24/7 neonatal coverage, emergency care, wound care/hyperbaric center, 3D mammography, and comprehensive heart care, from diagnostics to open-heart surgery.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of surgical technology program is required.
- Minimum two years’ experience as a surgical technologist in a hospital or surgery center setting; 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Lead Tech experience or proven track record as a surgical technologist is preferred.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to display the appropriate interpersonal skills which reflect the CHRISTUS Health Core Values.
- Ability to operate surgical equipment/instruments in accordance with surgical specialty.
- Problem-solving and ability to think critically and the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
- Expert, role model, and resource person to applicable service line.
- Computer skills very helpful.
- Current CPR (American Heart Association) certification is required.·
- Must have completed an accredited surgical technology education program AND hold the certification.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.