Certified Surgical Tech - Surgical Services
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical Tech - Surgical Services Job in Corpus Christi
Performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards. Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique. Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients by demonstrating sensitivity to patient's care and privacy. Transports patients to and from Operating Room suite. Positions patients according to type of surgery. Identifies and cares for biological specimens. Prepares the Operating Room by setting up tables, instruments and supplies according to type of case.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience as an OR Tech preferred.
- Completion of an accredited surgical tech program or current Texas LVN license
- CPR-(American Heart Association).
- Non LVNs, CST certification required within six months from hire/transfer date.Associates employed on or before 09/01/09 are exempt from this requirement.