Certified Surgical Tech - South Tyler
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital South Tyler
8389 South Broadway Avenue
Tyler, TX 75703
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Surgical Tech - South Tyler Job in Tyler
The surgical technologist works under the direct supervision of the Perioperative RN Circulator and surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety. Surgical technologists possess the expertise in the theory and application and maintenance of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Supports the mission, vision and values of Trinity Mother Frances.
- Current Certification in Surgical Technology or is eligible to obtain certification, or has military Surg. Tech training BCLS Certification.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Surgical Technology with an Associate Degree in healthcare-related field or military Surg. Tech. training.
- Military Surg. Tech training,>5 yrs experience, or 2 years of specialty scrub experience, or demonstrates the ability to independently perform in complex procedures without assistance as confirmed by assessment checklist.
- Skills Competency Assessment upon hire.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficiency in departmental equipment.