Certified Respiratory Therapist-Respiratory Resp Therapy-PRN
CHRISTUS Shreveport / Bossier
CHRISTUS Highland Medical Center
Share This Job On
Certified Respiratory Therapist-Respiratory Resp Therapy-PRN Job in Shreveport
Responsible for the pulmonary care of critical, non-critical, and chronically ill adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients under the direction of a physician with minimal supervision. Performs various technical and diagnostic respiratory therapy procedures in all areas of the hospital. Performs patient assessments and institutes respiratory care plans.
- Include, but are not limited to: Emergency (Code Blue and White) response; Airway management including nasotracheal & endotracheal suctioning; Delivery of aerosolized drugs; Ventilator management (i.e.: setup and operation); Oral hygiene; Airway retaining device placement and maintenance; Airway support device management including BiPAP and CPAP devices; Oxygen delivery devices and therapeutic monitoring; Chest film analysis; Bloodgas collection and analysis; EKG analysis; Accurate and complete documentation; Cleaning and stocking of equipment and supplies as necessary; Participate in CAP and JC surveys
- RRTs may function as Shift Leader or serve in the capacity of Team Leader
- Advanced practice skills may include Therapeutic gas management and monitoring, including INO and HeO2; Pulmonary Function Testing; Bronchoscopy assist; Hemodynamic Monitoring; Waveform analysis; Nocturnal SpO2 evaluation (Desaturation Studies); Polysomnography.
- 2 – 3 years of experience preferred.
- RCP License in the state of employment required.
- BLS required.
- CRT thru the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required.
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.