Apply Now Certified Respiratory Therapist - Cardiopulmonary Job in Corpus Christi
Assists Respiratory Therapist in providing respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices. Performs a variety of duties relative to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment. Operates sterilizers and aeration chambers. Performs cold sterilization methods as required. Changes nebulizers and humidifiers on nursing wards and resets oxygen flow as prescribed by physician. Provides for proper cleaning and sterilization of all respiratory therapy equipment to ensure safe patient care.
Located just minutes from the shores of Padre Island, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-South provides surgical and medical services for our patients in south Corpus Christi. Perfectly positioned to serve the rapidly-growing south side of Corpus Christi, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - South is licensed for 158 beds. South offers a full range of medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency, intensive care as well as advanced diagnostic and imaging. The hospital is also home to a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which enables recovering mothers to remain close to their premature or special needs babies.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Will accept new graduate from accredited school. One year general adult care experience preferred. One year of critical care experience highly preferred. South Campus: One year of pediatric or neonatal care experience highly preferred.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- South: NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date
- Alice, Beeville & Kleberg: Initial NRP certification required by 10/31/2018. Effective 11/01/2018, NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date