Certified Respiratory Therapist - Cardiopulmonary
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Certified Respiratory Therapist - Cardiopulmonary Job in Corpus Christi
Assists Respiratory Therapist in providing respiratory therapy to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established standards and practices. Performs a variety of duties relative to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment. Operates sterilizers and aeration chambers. Performs cold sterilization methods as required. Changes nebulizers and humidifiers on nursing wards and resets oxygen flow as prescribed by physician. Provides for proper cleaning and sterilization of all respiratory therapy equipment to ensure safe patient care.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Will accept new graduate from accredited school. One-year general adult care experience preferred. One year of critical care experience highly preferred. South Campus: One year of pediatric or neonatal care experience highly preferred.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist via the National Board for Respiratory Care required. Registry required within 1 year of hire/transfer date
- RCP-TMB required.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- South: NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date
- Alice, Beeville & Kleberg: Initial NRP certification required by 10/31/2018. Effective 11/01/2018, NRP required within 1 year of hire/transfer date