Certified Pharmacy Technician II
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Pharmacy Technician II Job in Tyler
All pharmacy technicians work under the direction of Clinical Pharmacists to provide pharmacy services with compassion, excellence and efficiency.
- Assist Pharmacists with Medication Histories.
- Train Tech I associates.
- Prepares drug orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Verifies computerized patient medication records accurately. Maintains, accurate, complete patient drug record.
- Compounds pharmaceuticals including non-sterile and sterile products, chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law and institutional policies.
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Verifies the daily activities of the department are complete and recorded.
- Maintains competency required for current job title/position
- Maintains current technician license. Ensures applicable CE records and licensure are maintained in department files. Attends staff meetings.
- Completes all competency/skills assessment requirements.
- Specialty area
- Serves as the technician in specialty areas such as the operating room, IV room, or pharmacy work areas outside the central pharmacy.
- Provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services as assigned such as but not limited to: anticoagulation clinics, intensive medical home, transition of care, Discharge Medication reconciliation, etc.
- Performs outpatient distributive functions related to entering prescriptions orders, selecting the correct medications for new and refilled prescription orders, and coordinates delivery of medications for patient pick-up or delivery.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost effective drug therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Reads, extracts and interprets information in patient medical records accurately.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sustains the hospital drug formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides accurate, adequate and timely drug information to the hospital’s pharmacy associates.
- Coordinates pharmacist drug education to patients and their families per institutional protocol.
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data, conducts monitors and inspections and maintains logs, records and other documentation as assigned.
- Conducts designated interventions as defined in department Clinical Intervention activities (IV to PO, Renal Dosing, Pharmacokinetic dosing support, Anticoagulation)
- Baseline departmental standards for reporting interventions for clinical productivity as defined by departmental goals.
- Provides services efficiently and in a timely fashion
- Required: High School Diploma
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- ACPE accredited IV certification program, including hazardous (minimum 40hrs) not applicable to Ambulatory Care setting.
- 3-5 years hospital experience.
- Pharmacy registration in the State of practice.