Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Center Job in Tyler
- This position performs high quality ophthalmic procedures, focusing on patient care and education.
- Promptly and professionally assisting the doctor in patient care.
- Performing technical workups, patient interviews and special testing.
- Communicating with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment being used. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
- Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
- Assisting in minor surgery.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of a formal course for Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) requirements.
- 1 years of experience in an Ophthalmic setting
- Accurately perform: Refractions, Retinoscopy, A-Scans, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, OCT, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil exams, Topography
- BLS (Must obtain at hire if not already acquired)
- Basic typing and computer skills (data entry or word processing)