Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Care Center
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic HealthPark Plaza Vision Care
Share This Job On
Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Eye Care Center Job in Tyler
- This position performs high quality ophthalmic procedures, focusing on patient care and education.
- Promptly and professionally assisting the doctor in patient care.
- Performing technical workups, patient interviews and special testing.
- Communicating with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
- Maintaining and cleaning all equipment being used. Report to supervisor if not in working condition.
- Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies.
- Assisting in minor surgery.
- Maintaining patient confidentiality.
- High school diploma/GED
- Completion of a formal course for Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) requirements.
- 1 years of experience in an Ophthalmic setting
- Accurately perform: Refractions, Retinoscopy, A-Scans, Lensometry, Keratometry, Tonometry, Visual Fields, OCT, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil exams, Topography
- BLS (Must obtain at hire if not already acquired)
- Basic typing and computer skills (data entry or word processing)
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.