Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Clinic - Eye Care Center
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
TMFHS TYR Mother Frances Hosp-38000
1327 Troup Hwy
Tyler, TX 75701
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Ophthalmic Assistant - Clinic - Eye Care Center Job in Tyler
Responsible for daily patient care and flow of pod activities. Position requires good understanding of ophthalmic practice and patient care.
Knowledge of medical instrumentation and its proper care and usage needed. Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions to establish a safe work environment required.
Ability to communicate with patients, co-workers and supervisor is critical. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the need for efficient use of time.
- High School Diploma/GED
- CPR American Heart Association
- Certification as a Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Ophthalmic Technician (COT) is preferred.
- Prefer 1 year of experience in an Ophthalmic setting.
- Will consier candidates with 1 year of experience in any direct patient care setting. Will also consider candidates who have completed formal training as an Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Basic typewriting and computer skills (data entry or word processing)
- Basic Office Equipment