6AM - 6PM
Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute MedSurgical A
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Medical Center
Share This Job On
Apply Now Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute MedSurgical A Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities on a nursing unit. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient-focused activities. The patient-focused tasks will be supportive in nature.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Basic patient care skills required.
· Basic computer skills required.
· Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
· Ability to interact professionally with patients, families, physicians, and fellow Associates.
· Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Patient care experience in an acute care hospital highly preferred.
· Current Texas Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification is required.
· Current BLS (American Heart Association) is required.