Apply Now Certified Nurse Assistant - Med/Surg A7 Renal Job in Corpus Christi
Duties and responsibilities include: taking and recording vital signs, changing bed linens, transporting patients, assisting patients in ambulating, delivering food trays, general cleaning and supply distribution, and providing activities for daily living to include bathing, dressing, feeding and assisting with personal hygiene. This position may include other duties as assigned.
A7 Renal is a 31-bed acute medical surgical unit specializing in renal care and urology patients. Our average daily census is 28-30 patients. We provide care for chronic and acute renal disease patients, many of whom have comorbid conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension and infectious wounds. 8B serves a patient population ranging from the young adult to the geriatric. Our goal is to provide exemplary care utilizing evidence based practice and providing thorough discharge teaching to prevent/delay subsequent hospitalizations. Our team works well together and loves our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to our patients.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Strong customer service skills and computer literacy is required. Previous experience as a Nurse Assistant in a hospital setting preferred.
- Current Texas CNA Certification
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- If Associate has graduated from an accredited nursing program (RN) the certification is waived for the first seven months.